Hi my name is treebeard

treebeard

Hello everyone I'm mostly known as treebeard around these parts.

I've been around the retro scene for quite awhile, used to play on a lot of Shockwave servers back in the day then played a ton of Flash servers and even hosted a couple of my own like a decade ago. I played Habbo mostly around 2004-2009 and I have a strong affinity for the Shockwave era of Habbo; I always found the game to be much more feature dense back then. I've made a couple efforts to build a server from the ground up in my own time but never anything I've shared publicly to the forums. I have a decent understanding of the FUSE v0.2.0 protocol as well as the choices made around Habbo's client<>server architecture and the Director environment.

I am a software engineer currently working on modern cryptographic distributed systems i.e. blockchains. At my day job I work on a ton of OSS and am the maintainer of multiple OSS projects being used in production. These days I mostly work with Go and a little bit of Rust, previously I did a lot of work in Java and C/C++. I am passionate about music, a free open and accessible internet, and the archival of analog media.

I enjoy chatting with folks online so reach out sometime!

Welcome to the forums!
I hope to see a lot of your work on here, so I can learn about these things 🤓

Back