[REL] ION/Deltar - Release 34 Server Framework by Nillus

Quackster

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ION/Deltar

So I'm not sure if people knew this, but ION/Deltar was the predecessor to Uber Emulator and other servers like Plus Emulator (which was a successor to Uber Emulator). It was one of, if not, the first Habbo flash emulator to be released back in mid-2009, and while it was very basic and served as a framework, its legacy is still with us to this day.

It was originally released on HybridCore.NET but was still downloadable at nillus.net (the links are dead but this is the only proof I have).

It was written by Nillus and it's originally based off an earlier server framework that Nillus wrote called ION, which powered the Habbo Hotel Shockwave v7 client.

(If you're curious about ION, the original archived zip is here and here's my fork where I fixed encryption to have dynamic RC4 key generation)

I do not recommend using this in a production environment, there are much better coding patterns out there and faster ways to do certain implementations than what this piece of software achieves.

So what's this release?

This is the original ION/Deltar source code ported all the way from .NET Framework 3.5 to .NET 6 so it can compile with modern libraries on modern frameworks. It's an important release, because as I said earlier, it's legacy software and should be treated as a historical artefact.

Download

.NET 6.0 port - https://github.com/Quackster/iondeltar/tree/net6.0

Original source code: https://h4bbo.net/archive/Habbo Archives/Shockwave/deltar_src.rar

Screenshot

bzy3iTQ.png

Last edited:
Wish more of HybridCore.NET was archived. Would've loved to read up on Nillus' design philosophy and principles behind it.

My presumption is that he was trying to scale up development across multiple developers that could all contribute little pieces. Nice idea in theory, didn't quite pan out that way.
*c-PTSD flashes of Plus source code*

Last edited:
Wish more of HybridCore.NET was archived. Would've loved to read up on Nillus' design philosophy and principles behind it.

My presumption is that he was trying to scale up development across multiple developers that could all contribute little pieces. Nice idea in theory, didn't quite work out that way.
*c-PTSD flashes of Plus source code*

Yeah when I first went through HybridCore I was devastated to find all the forum thread archive links dead. Oh well, not only because I appreciate old Habbo, but archiving is partially why I opened this forum up so we can keep track of this stuff.

Back