Hi all, I'm Lane!

hackademiC

Hi all,

I'm Lane or hackademiC, I joined the Habbo scene back in the early days around December of 2006, and eventually joined the Retro scene around 2009 through mainly RaGEZONE and Otaku Studios.

I was never really too much into the development scene as much, I was mainly interested in running hotels and did so on the Flash R51-R54 of the game a few times and to this day is my favourite iteration of the game due to the look and feel, the navigator etc etc and it's extremely nostalgic to look back on since I spent my childhood playing!

However, I'm now extremely interested in the development of the game now, more than ever. I'm currently in the works of developing my own flash emulator.

During the day, I'm an IT Technician in my own company. During the night, I sometimes stream on Twitch playing FPS games, but also love building apps and small projects in my spare time!

Welcome Lane!

I'm looking forward to seeing updates on your emulator!
Is it your first one? I would be very interested in hearing about hurdles and other funky things you run into.
Maybe you could create a thread in the development section to post updates etc., I bet others would be interested in your progress too!

Hope you'll have fun on the forums :D

Oh I think I remember you, you're academic from RZ right? :3

You've been around for years! This is the first time I've heard about your emulator, would you share your development here?

Welcome Lane!

I'm looking forward to seeing updates on your emulator!
Is it your first one? I would be very interested in hearing about hurdles and other funky things you run into.
Maybe you could create a thread in the development section to post updates etc., I bet others would be interested in your progress too!

Hope you'll have fun on the forums :D
Thanks! Yep, the first one. I've always toyed around with the packets and such , but actually writing a proper one, will be the first one. Absolutely would love too, I'm a huge fan of open-source so I would be posting it up. Just depends on how much progress I make.

Oh I think I remember you, you're academic from RZ right? :3

You've been around for years! This is the first time I've heard about your emulator, would you share your development here?
Yep that's me! Haha, I've been around for like 17 years on and off which is pretty crazy lol. Yep, definitely would love to share it here, going to see how I progress in the next few months and hopefully will have something to show for it!

Back