Hi, Near here.

Near

Hey all. Ewout informed me of this new forum. I was active in the Habbo retro scene for years over at Ragezone. Left the scene I think 6-7 years ago. I did a lot of work on a Woodpecker build together with Ewout , supporting Wobble Squabble for example, and ran a hotel with it for a while. But honestly it was mostly for fun. I'm currently working on a Habbo inspired game called Flatty. Bringing back the oldschool vibes with a non Habbo IP.

Welcome to the forum! How long have you been working on Flatty for? Is it something you would share on the forum in the form of a development thread or is it more closed source? Sounds cool though!

I've been working on Flatty for more than a year now. I mostly update the community through Discord, but the Twitter page gives a pretty good sense of what the game is like. It's definitely a commercial project, although I try to be as transparent as possible. I don't mind sharing more information but only if allowed by Quackster. The core of the game is definitely the oldschool Habbo vibe.

Hi, welcome! Yeah, your hotel was quite something at the time. It was the most feature complete oldskool re-creation, before Puomi and CH existed.

Remember programming away for two days straight on that custom 25 integer avatar image parser, hehe. You spending months on fixing up Woodpecker's pathfinder and implementing various new functionalities (Wobble Squabble, Camera, Pets), digging through archive.org and other sources to find the right HTML structures for the CMS. 😅

Will incorporate your custom recreation of the '07 of the custom home pages within Matcha in the future, so it doesn't get lost in time.

Hahaha, you definitely word it well. What an adventure. It's great that what we worked on then can be enjoyed today still.

Great to see more old heads find their way here. Love what I've seen on Flatty so far and I can't wait to get a chance to check the game out for myself.

Back