How to properly edit the Habbo Shockwave client files (cst/dir)?

treebeard

Hello, recently I've been planning out some edits that I want to make to the Habbo Shockwave client but I'm having some issues.
What I've done so far is use Projector Rays to decompile all of the cct files along with habbo.dcr. After that I open habbo.dir in Director MX 2004, it asks me for empty.cct so i point it to empty.cct that is in with my client files. I then proceed to make my edits to a script and then save my changes to habbo.dir

The issue I'm facing though is that once I try to re-open this file in Director MX 2004 I get this error.

KmwsrZi.jpg

I think what I've done in the past is use RecoverCCT(?) to get the unprotected cast file and then copy the scripts back in from the GitHub repo of Habbo source code that @Quackster maintains, but I've been told that you can just use Projector Rays these days instead.

I'm sure others would benefit from having this process documented somewhere as well so figured I would make a post! I greatly appreciate any advice! :)

Just do

Code:
projectorrays.exe decompile filename.cct/.dcr

And ProjectorRays will output a new file with the same name and either .cst/.dir extension that you can open in Directory MX 2004.

Just do

Code:
projectorrays.exe decompile filename.cct/.dcr

And ProjectorRays will output a new file with the same name and either .cst/.dir extension that you can open in Directory MX 2004.
I can open the decompiled files from Projector Rays in Director, the issue is that once I edit any of the scripts, save, and then try to reopen that file it gives me the error pictured in the OP.

I can confirm that this error occurs, I had the same with editing v9 furni cast files as well. Though, for empty.cct, an alternative could be just creating a new empty .cst file, since there's nothing in it anyways.

Also:

so i point it to empty.cct that is in with my client files

I hope you mean empty.cst then

I can open the decompiled files from Projector Rays in Director, the issue is that once I edit any of the scripts, save, and then try to reopen that file it gives me the error pictured in the OP.

Oh when it comes to empty.cct, use this: https://github.com/tomysshadow/Movie-Restorer-Xtra

Enable it when you open Director, and then you should be able to open any .dir file and it will load empty.cct fine.

Oh when it comes to empty.cct, use this: https://github.com/tomysshadow/Movie-Restorer-Xtra

Enable it when you open Director, and then you should be able to open any .dir file and it will load empty.cct fine.
Ahh yes sorry I missed this detail in my OP. After I decompile my client files, I open Director and enable the Movie Restorer Xtra, then I open habbo.dir and when it asks for empty.cct i point it to that.

Still though I can apparently not make edits, save, and then re-open the file later.

I can confirm that this error occurs, I had the same with editing v9 furni cast files as well. Though, for empty.cct, an alternative could be just creating a new empty .cst file, since there's nothing in it anyways.

Also:

I hope you mean empty.cst then

So when you've gotten this error before did you ever figure out a way around it? It seems like several people have been editing the client so there must be a way to do this.

See my response to qwek, I use the Movie Restorer Xtra to open empty.cct. I have also tried creating a new empty.cst though and avoiding the Movie Restorer Xtra because initially I thought that this could be causing my issue.

Ahh yes sorry I missed this detail in my OP. After I decompile my client files, I open Director and enable the Movie Restorer Xtra, then I open habbo.dir and when it asks for empty.cct i point it to that.

Still though I can apparently not make edits, save, and then re-open the file later.

So when you've gotten this error before did you ever figure out a way around it? It seems like several people have been editing the client so there must be a way to do this.

See my response to qwek, I use the Movie Restorer Xtra to open empty.cct. I have also tried creating a new empty.cst though and avoiding the Movie Restorer Xtra because initially I thought that this could be causing my issue.
Nope, to this day not. I've tried it 3 times, after that I just "gave up"

ahh rip. so is everyone editing the client by using RecoverCCT and copying scripts back in??
IDK. What I find weird is, most CCTs work fine, so IDK why certain CCTs don't work fine. Or maybe I did something wrong? Idk...
It might be because I downloaded the furni CCTs from somewhere where they were compiled in a higher version or IDK

All you need to do is use Projector Rays, move habbo.dir into the same directory as where the other .dcr and .cct files are, open Macromedia Director and enable Movie Restorer, and then you should open habbo.dir you should be good.

The problem was not opening the files or editing them I stated this literally twice in the thread, the issue was being able to RE-OPEN the files after editing them🤦‍♂️

The answer was that I was attempting to save the edits via "Save As" where you actually want to use "Save and Compact"

Back