release8_20051222

Dreamcatcher

Hello,

I found on my disks the release8_20051222 files, that I want to share with you.
This release is from habbohotel.ch and includes Swiss external_texts.
Downloaded are this files from http://www.sngforum.info/dcrs/release8_20051222/ back in the days, where all files were accessable.

This are the changes done in v8:
  • The registration method was made a lot simpler in V8, simply fill in a few boxes and be ready to enter the hotel!
  • In this update, users were greeted with a whole new experience before they'd even bought Habbo Club - they got a funky new popup! The popup displayed how many months they'd been in Habbo Club, how long they had left in the club and how many months they'd paid for in advance. Not only could they buy more months, the more they bought, the cheaper it was!
  • HC-only Public Rooms were introduced into the hotel. The House Of Flying Daggers and The Majestic were the first rooms that only HC members were allowed into.
  • Habbo Club members get yet another advantage; 3 new dances to carry out! These were Duck Funk, The Rollie and Pogo Mogo. Along with these they still received the classic HabHop (now simply known as "Dance").
  • In this version, the purse also received an update. It not only showed players how many credits they had, and their past transactions, but players could also see how many gaming tickets they had and how much film they had for their camera.
  • The hand gained controls (back, forwards and close) and when players put furni down it closed automatically.
  • The Digital TV showed BattleBall and Snouthill instead of Formula 1.
  • Sulake gave us the joy of queuing when a room is full. Habbo Club members got to to go the front, as they had priority. This made it much easier to get into a full room!
  • Habbo eXperts were introduced due to the removal of Hobbas.
  • The maximum number of friends a normal user could have was limited to 100.
  • BattleBall was added!
  • V8 is also said to have a lot of patches against scripting and bug fixes.
  • The door was moved so it is now on the far side of the room.
(source: HabboX Wiki)

Credits to Deadman from SnGForum for this files.

Last edited:
Well.. there's a lot I wish Sulake didn't do lol, but yeah I miss the pre-merge times myself
Only thing Aapo and Sampo should've done back in '07 is buy back all shares and options and fire all the managers and other garbage human filfth. The clueless idiot majority (read: managers, HR, marketeers) screwed it up after that. '07 was the last great year of Habbo.

Once I obtain a time machine, I will consider setting this right.

Used .ch as a old testing playground. Had access to the main moderator account there for a LONG time 😅

Back